Join us for an all day Just Enough Python technical training. Please, bring your laptops for this session.
All spots are currently taken, but click here to enter your name in the waiting list.
Date: February 27, 2017
Sponsor & Host: Cloudera
Location: Denali room in Building 3 at 1001 Page Mill Road, Palo Alto, CA, 94304.
Lunch will be provided.
Just Enough Python
Cloudera University’s one-day Python training course will teach you the key language concepts and programming techniques you need so that you can concentrate on the subjects covered in Cloudera’s developer courses without also having to learn a complex programming language and a new programming paradigm on the fly.
Through instructor-led discussion participants will learn:
• How to define, assign, and access variables
• Which collection types are commonly used, how they differ, and how to use them
• How to control program flow using conditional statements, looping, iteration, and exception handling
• How to define and use both named and anonymous (Lambda) functions
• How to organize code into separate modules
• How to use important features of standard Python libraries, including mathematical and regular expression support
NOTE: This course does not teach Big Data concepts, nor does it cover how to use Cloudera software. Instead, it is meant as a precursor for our developer-focused training course that provides these skills, such as Developer Training for Spark and Hadoop.